Bachelor of Arts in Humanitarian Leadership
Leadership Skills to Help Those in Crisis
Multitudes of people want to help those in crisis through emergency assistance and ongoing relief and support, but many do not know how to focus their efforts, or even where to begin. The Bachelor of Arts in Humanitarian Leadership is specifically designed to prepare individuals for this calling and to give such people the specific leadership skills needed in today’s demanding environment. Whether you feel God’s leading to spend a few months or a lifetime helping those impacted by natural and human-made disasters, this major will give you the knowledge and tools to make an immediate impact in your local community, your region, and your world.
The BA in Humanitarian Leadership focuses on preparation for, immediate response to, and ongoing support in domestic and international settings. In addition, this program enables graduates to partner with agencies that support community development, migrant and refuge outreaches, children and youth affected by abuse or displacement support, and public policy initiatives.
Students who graduate with the BA in Humanitarian Leadership will be able to:
- Discuss the heart of God as the motivation for effective and sustained compassion activities.
- Assess procedures for supporting those who provide compassion services.
- Formulate effective physical, psychological, and spiritual methods of helping people in poverty and people experiencing suffering .
- Develop approaches for working in cooperation with other compassion providers on local, regional, national, and international levels.
- Critique administrative and financial strategies for presenting and supporting humanitarian projects.
- Design efficient and effective activities for providing initial and ongoing disaster relief services in domestic and international settings.
In Partnership with Convoy of Hope
Northwest University offers this degree in partnership with the Convoy of Hope, Hope Education Network. Convoy of Hope is a highly respected, internationally recognized, faith-based outreach focused on serving those in need both domestically and internationally. This partnership enables students to participate in many hands-on internship opportunities, while ensuring graduates are ready to step into a broad variety of humanitarian care agencies. The leadership and professional staff of Convoy, in consultation with other agencies, ensured that the major includes the critically important knowledge and skills needed to serve locally and around the world in aid agencies.
View Course Descriptions
You can explore program details and course descriptions for this program in our academic catalog.