Certificate in Ministry Leadership
The Certificate in Ministry Leadership (CML) is designed to prepare students for volunteer or vocational ministry within churches and para-church organizations. Courses in Biblical Studies, Theology, and Practical Ministry ensure students have the necessary knowledge and skills to lead a broad range of ministries. Completion of the CML meets the educational requirements for certification, licensing, and ordination credential levels with the Assemblies of God. Prior to submitting their application, a student considering the CML program should seek verification of credentialing criteria for other denominations/organizations.
We are dedicated to assisting students in the development of heart, head, and hand, in the context of being equipped for ministry. The Certificate in Ministry Leadership is designed to address the challenge of effective ministry leadership in today’s fast-paced, ever changing world. Students completing the CML should be able to:
- Demonstrate biblical literacy and exegetical skills;
- Present a carefully reasoned, coherent Christian worldview;
- Effectively communicate the gospel;
- Exhibit habits of lifelong learning, self-reflection, critical thinking, sensitivity toward diversity, and personal prayer; and
- Comprehend and apply effective leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
A complete list of courses can be found in the Academic Catalog.